12 (or 1 package) Lemon Poppy Lil' Franz
1/2 cup lemon juice (can be squeezed from the lemons! Up to you!)
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
Carrot peeler / zester
- Remove yellow outside of lemon peels, using a carrot peeler or zester. Try to avoid the white pith. Put that zest in a food processor with the sugar and mix them all up!
- Cream the butter using the electric mixer, and add the sugar-zest-mixture. Time to add egg after egg after egg, then lemon juice and a lil salt. Mix.
- Let’s throw the whole mixture now into a saucepan and heat it up, over low heat, about 10 minutes. Stir it throughout! If you have a thermometer, you’ll know when this is done when it hits 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool off the lemon curd in the fridge while you get your lil Franz ready.
- When ready, add a dollop of lemon curd into the middle of each lil Franz. Celebrate because you’re all done! This one was a lot of work, great job!